Fulvia seals and bearings
To make shopping easy and help my own memory which is suffering from old age, I am putting here sizes for various seals and bearings as found on Fulvia's.
Note that the conical roller bearings on the worm shaft of a 1C steering box (actually it is a Flavia steering box) differ from the conical ball bearings on the other Fulvia steering boxes, starting with 2C. Needle bearings and seals are the same. I don't know about the 1.6HF. I have not opened zillions of steering boxes. If somebody finds another version, let me know. Also, if somebody has the name and partnumber of another supplier, let me know.
Huib Geurink, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nadella DL3020 for the needle bearing at the top of the roller shaft. It is located in the cover of the steering box. Note that it MUST be a full complement bearing. Cost appr. € 6 to 7 . Same for 1C and later boxes.
- Nadella DL16200 for the two bottom bearings of the roller shaft. Cost € 10 to 12 each. Same for 1C and later boxes. Some steering boxes have Torrington B1816 or SKF SCE1816, but generally we find the Nadella DL16200 to have less play. Note that the bearings MUST be full complement.
- 19x30x7 for the seal on the worm shaft. Cost appr. € 1.50. Same for 1C and later.
- SB 1.125x1.563x0.250 (inches) for the roller shaft. Cost appr. € 3 . Same for 1C and later.
Note: Beacuse it is easier to get, I am now using the all plastic metric size seal 28x40x7.
- 1C filler plug is M16x1.50. This filler plug is different from the later steering boxes. Cost appr. € 2.50
- Conical bearings for the worm shaft???
Steering idler box
- The seal at the bottom is 29x42x7. Cost appr. € 2,00 to 2,50. As far as I know, it is the same for all Fulvia's.
As far as I know the sizes are the same for all Fulvia gearboxes unless noted otherwise.
- Gearbox input drive shaft seal is 20x30x7. You have to take the front off the gearbox to get to it. It is inside the front of the gearbox.
- Needle bearing for drive shaft HK2016. Also in the front of the gearbox housing.
- Secondary drive shaft seal: DH 20x26x4. This seal is shown in S2/3 part books. I could not find it in S1 part books. I have never found it on a car, neither S1 nor S2/3.
- RH half axle seal: 35x52x10
- LH half axle seal: 35x62x10
- Rear crankshaft: 80x100x10. This one is under the flywheel.
- The small bearing in the centre of the flywheel is originally 629 and is an open bearing. I replace it with 629-2RS1, which is a greased and sealed unit.